Sunday, July 6, 2008

Birthmark Remark #1



So I have a big pink birthmark on my face. No big deal; has never really affected my life. I could get rid of it, but I kind of like it. Every once in a while it sparks some pretty interesting communication with people. This one happened over the weekend and it's one of the funniest of all the birthmark remarks I've ever heard.


At the cottage this past weekend, I was hanging out with my little cousins. Maggie is 4 and Meghan is 3. Maggie noticed my engagement ring and asked me why I had it. I explained to her that it meant I was going to get married. With the cutest quetioning look, Maggie asked "You're going to get married even with a birthmark?" So yes, even with a birthmark (and a big pink one at that), someone wants to marry me! Imagine that! Out of the mouths of babes!

No comments: