Thursday, December 24, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Playing in the snow
Thea got Yahtzee at the Christmas swap. Jess is going crazy listening to her shake the dice in the cup! Doesn't she look so grown up in that outfit! She is so long and lean - just like her mom and dad!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
- Reading makes me happy. If I'm not reading an enjoyable or interesting book, then my mood falls. I've always been this way, but for some reason I never realized it until this year.
- I read way more non-fiction than I thought I did. I never thought of myself as a non-fiction reader, but when I look at the 48 books I've read this year, fifteen (or 1/3) of the books were non-fiction.
- I have to finish a book once I start reading. The only book I didn't finish on this list was The School on Heart's Content Road by Carolyn Chute. It really, really sucked. I spent about a month trying to get into it but couldn't. It was the author, not the book, 'cause I tried another book of hers but didn't even get 1/10 of the way through (it's not on the list because I don't count that as a book I read).
- I don't buy books. Well, I should say that I don't buy books at bookstores. I think the only book I payed full price for was Marley & Me. All the rest were hand-me-downs, loaners, purchased at a low price at yard sales or library book sales.
- I have to be reading at least two books, usually three, at all times. Currently I've had three going: Taps (was reading last night before bed), The Golden Spruce (haven't read since last wee), and Kiffe Kiffe Tomorrow (which I just finished this morning).
- I didn't count any books that I read for work. For example, right now I'm reading Winter Ecology to learn a bit more about how plants and animals survive the winter. This isn't reading for pleasure, so I don't include it.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
I had a fabulous birthday! It started with a trip to Quan's with my bestest friend Jami. That girl knows I love sushi! Thank You, Jami! My Momma Sue and Dad got me three new pairs of jeans - desperately needed - along with some spending cash. Think I'm gonna get a manicure! Thanks Momma Sue & Dad! Becky & Danny came along for my birthday dinner at the Stoneforge Tavern. It was awesome and they gave me a wonderful goodie bag full of things to pamper myself with! Thanks Becky & Danny! Becky's belly is starting to show and she looked so cute and happy! Can't wait to see those little babies! And Jay got me my TomTom! I've wanted one for a while and it looks great in my new (used) car! Thanks Jay!
Jay and I spend Saturday morning selecting the perfect tree and decorating it. The pictures came out blurry, so I'll try to re-post some better ones later. I LOVE OUR CHRISTMAS TREE! This morning I sat in that room eating my toast, drinking my tea, and just loving the light of the tree!
Monday, November 30, 2009
This is the newest addition to our family - sweet, sweet Molly Rose!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
- Yesterday we went to look at a car on a used-car lot in E. Bridgewater. They said they'd be open 'til 3PM. We got there at 2:30PM and the place was shut down. Not only that, but they're not open on Sundays so we'd have to wait for tomorrow to get a chance to look at it
- We drove to Providence to check out a car being sold by the owner. We made the offer, she counter offered, we counter offered, and she accepted our offer. Yeah! We had a car! Then she went into the house to get the title and when she came back out, the fun began. Although Jay had asked on the phone if she had a clear title and she said yes. But really, she didn't have a clear title. Her dad's name was on it, but he had passed away. She also laid this one on us - told us that when she went inside, there is a lady waiting to look at the car and when she told the lady that we were buying it, the lady offered her more money so if we upped the price to match the lady, we could buy it. We were sooooo outta there!
And living without a car for the past few day really sucks. I miss the freedom of going wherever, whenever. Jay had to drop me off at work and pick me up. He'll probably have to do the same tomorrow. We are going to Cambridge this afternoon to look at another car, so maybe it'll be done by tonight (keep your fingers crossed for us!).
Friday, November 27, 2009
Hanging out with Grammie and Momma Jess.