Monday, February 2, 2009

WILD ORANGE

Hank and I spent the weekend in Orange with Jess and Thea. I got there Friday at about noon and left on Sunday at about noon. As usual -Thea was a laugh riot! You'll see in the pics...


On Friday, Jess and I met my friend Jen at the Montague Book Mill for some dinner and a couple beers. We laughed and laughed and laughed. I love Jen and I wish she lived closer to me!


On Saturday, I went to Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuary for a Project WILD Gathering. Project WILD is an environmental education curriuculum and there are a bunch of environmental educators trained to facilitate this curriculum for school teachers in Massachusetts. I'm one of the facilitators for Massachusetts! The gathering featured a professor from UMass who gave a great presentation on the Worcester outbreak of the Asian Longhorned Beetle. While he was giving the presentation, one of the naturalists at Arcadia came in dressed like an Asian Longhorned Beetle!

Here are some pictures from our weekend:

Thea and Hank got along great. Here they are sharing Hank's dog bed next to the warm wood stove -
Then we dressed Hank in Thea's PJs --
He loved it (not) -
And Thea took a nap on Hank's bed!
She's always grinning - so cute!



Bath time! Ms. Thea loves the water.
Here she is showing Auntie Amy how she swims

Here's Patti dressed up as an Asian Longhorned Beetle (note: environmental educators are weird, I know)

Jen and I outside the Montague Book Mill -


Nana Sue sent some clothes for Thea May including this pretty purple scarf with butterflies.
Thea and Hank playing!


Look at that smile - how can you not eat her up??

No comments: