So if you are on Facebook, I'm sure you've seen this 25 Random Things floating around. Figured I'd share mine here....
1. From ages of 10 to 21, I always had a pet rat. The thought of it now makes me slightly nauseous.
2. I’ve spent every summer of my life in a cabin on a pond without electricity and plumbing. From age 19 through 24, I spent about 6 months a year living there.
3. I have probably caught more turtles than anyone else you know – seriously, I’ve caught thousands.
4. My sisters and I had a secret New Kids on the Block room in our house.
5. At the age of 11, my aunt taught me to make her favorite drink ‘Bitter Lemon’ and I served them to her as she lay sunbathing on the beach. When my mom found out, I had to make her one too.
6. I once spent an entire summer raising a baby robin. After he left me to live in the woods, I would visit him, whistle our special whistle, and he would fly to me and land on my finger. It was awesome and I have witnesses. I still miss Robin My Robin.
7. I love to read. My first thought on many of my days off is “What book am I going to read today?" I usually have 2 or 3 going at once.
8. I will not remember your name until I’ve met you at least 4 times. It’s terrible.
9. I have the most wonderful parents in the world. They gave me and my sisters the best childhood ever. It was idyllic.
10. I can roll my tongue and do the wave with my tongue.
11. I can also blow bubbles with my spit. Kinda gross, but I still do it when I’ve been driving for too long.
12. The Vice Principal of my high school was afraid of my mother and my sister caught him smoking in school. My sisters and I got away with murder.
13. I hate getting my hair cut. I do it just once a year on average.
14. Jay gives me a foot rub every night before bed. I love him so.
15. I am a very, very messy person. I struggle with it daily.
16. My dog knows me as ‘Mumma’ and Jay as ‘Daddy’ and I love that.
17. Jay and I went to preschool together; 28 years later and we’re getting married!
18. I once found a wallet on the ground when I was at the Southie St. Patty’s Day Parade. Jack and I took all the money and then gave it to a police officer. I still feel terrible about this and cringe when I think about it.
19. Although I don’t really believe in ghosts, I did grow up in a house with a ghost and saw it twice – once when I was 15 and once when I was 22.
20. My dad is my hero. I love him for many reasons, but especially for crying when our cat Inky died.
21. Typically, I hate minutia and details. I have no patience for it and it annoys the heck out of me.
22. If I could - I would read, swim, ride my bike, sit by a campfire and eat Thai food every day of the year.
23. I am allergic to myself.
24. I collect stained glass.
25. I've driven a baby-blue VW bug and a 1978 Mercury Comet.