Monday, September 20, 2010

Georges Island

I had to work a special event on one of the Boston Harbor Islands. A lot of people don't know this, but there are a ton of islands in Boston Harbor - most owned by DCR and the National Park Service. You can camp on some of them and some have visitor centers and fabulous displays.

I went to Georges Island, home of Fort Warren. Last time I was there, was for my fifth (?) grade field trip! Here's the view of the Boston skyline as I took the crew boat over to Georges.


We're coming into the pier - you can see Fort Warren -it's huge. They give guided tours of the fort daily through Columbus Day (it's closed for the winter).

There were boats and peole everywhere.


This is Peddock's Island - where they filmed some of the movie Shutter Island (the flashbacks to the family were filmed at another state park: Borderland State Park).


No comments: