Saturday, April 18, 2009

America's Hometown

Yesterday, work brought me to Pilgrim Memorial State Park in Plymouth, MA. You know...the home of the (in)famous Plymouth Rock. It was a gorgeous day and I was so glad to be out of the office. I could sooo live in Plymouth. I just love it! Maybe someday...at least I get to spend my summers here!









Last night Jay, Hank and I took a hike to a vernal pool we've been keeping our eyes on. We brought a net and bucket and did some muck scooping. We found all sorts of creepy crawlies and even a baby frog (aka tadpole), but no salamanders or fairy shrimp. We're going to go back in a few weeks and see what we can find. I love that we make it a priority to spend a lot of time outdoors. I bet Jay and I spend more time outdoors than 75% of the people in Massachusetts. I love it, especially now that spring has sprung! It reached 70 degrees yesterday!


As we were walking on the trail, I found some hair from a white-tail deer.Of course Hank had to sniff, sniff, sniff it!

No comments: