Saturday, September 6, 2008

Books I'm Reading

With the traveling and the sickness, I've been doing a lot of reading. I'm always looking for good book recomendations (Mr. Welsh - what's on my list of recommended books?), so here's some for you:

On the trip to Maui I got about a third of the way into The Poisonwood Bible. I usually like Barbara Kingsolver, but this one is hard to get into. I've put it down for now and will pick it back up in a few weeks.

Next I picked up The World Without Us by Alan Weisman. This was right up my alley and was great. The author predicts what the world would look like if humans died off quickly. It was a great read and I'll probably have to read it again soon as it was so full of details and facts that I'm sure I missed about half of them.

For the beach, I picked up a fluff book (in my opinion), called Rush Home Road by Lori Lansens. It was a good story and easy to read - great beach book. I do want to read her other book, The Girls.

On the plane ride home, I started Eat, Live, Pray: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert. The first 50 pages or so were good, but my sister stole the book from me, so I didnt' get to finish it...grr!

While sick I read The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. So, so, so GOOD! I loved it even though the ending wasn't what I wanted to happen. If you like a good story and you like dogs, you'll LOVE this book. Can't wait to see what else Mr. Wroblewski has in store for us in future books.

And lastly, I'm reading The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir by Bill Bryson. I find his writing to be funny and wry. He always makes me laugh out loud and I'm liking this one. I'm going to pass it onto my dad when I'm done as he probably had many of the same growing up experiences.

That's all!

No comments: