Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New England Gold

One of my favorite things to do is pick blueberries. And luckily I live in an area where wild blueberries are pickable from late June through August. There's something very mellow and relaxing about blueberry picking - just me and nature. I got to listen to birds and watch the bugs as I sat on a carpet of moss and methodically picked my way through some low bush blueberries. I saw a baby praying mantis which was cool. Here's what I picked today in about an hour (about 20 minutes of that hour was spent laying on the ground looking at the sky just enjoying the setting sun - like I said: relaxing). These beautiful blue babies are going into my blueberry muffins.



I also picked some sweet fern. I'm going to make some sweet fern tea with honey.
I'll let you know how it turns out.


No comments: