After two months of living on Crooked Lane, I know that I LOVE living here. These are a few reasons:
1. I can walk to the Lakeville Library.
2. I can walk to Wilkie's Farm Stand (so, so, so fresh and yummy! And they love Hank!).
3. I can walk to the Post Office.
4. I have my very own mailbox! And I can mail bills and letters in it. And I get bills and letters in it! I love checking the mail after work!
5. We have a red-tailed hawk nest in our backyard and spent all of July listening to Momma, Daddy, and babies calling as they practiced hunting.
6. The 200+ acres of farmland that surrounds our house.
7. My herb garden is growing basil, oregano, sage, chives, mint, lemon balm, parsley and one other thing that I don't know.
8. My first tomato plants - joy!
9. I can ride my bike to lots of cool places.
10. The YMCA is about 5 minutes away and I'm going to join in October (mainly so I can go swimming in the winter).
11. I can walk to Loon Pond where Hank, Jay, and I go swimming. Or on a hot day, I sit on the shores with a book enjoying the breeze.
12. Snakes! We have snakes everywhere! The only bad part is I always see flattened snakes on the road. Today I saw a tiny little baby snake and it was dead - flattened by a car.
13. No one drives down our road and when they do, speed limit is 25 so I don't even hear them.
14. Howling! We hear coyotes howling at night ALL THE TIME! Last night Hank even joined in with the howling for the first time. It was so freakin' cute!
15. It feels like we're in the middle of nowhere, but everything you could think of is within a 10-15 minute drive away.
16. I almost forgot! I can walk or ride my bike to Something's Brewin' Book Cafe. It is so cute, they have yummy drinks and food, and the woman who owns it is so sweet!
17. So, so much closer to work and to the cottage. Two very good things!